- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 2 hours, 10 m
- 2 bunches of fresh parsley (1 1/2 cup chopped, with stems discarded)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- I medium onion, finely chopped
- 6 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup bulghur, medium grade
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Soak bulghur in water for 1 1/2 to 2 hours in cold water until soft.
- Squeeze out excess water from bulghur using hands or paper towel.
- Combine all ingredients, except for salt, pepper, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Sprinkle olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper on top.
- Serve immediately or chill in refrigerator
NotesTabouleh is a salad it can be eaten in pita bread, scooped onto pita bread, or traditionally with a fork. In the Middle East, fresh grape leaves are used as a scoop.
You can add carrots, cucumbers, red or green onions.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Sweet Potato Pizza Dough
Grilled Summer Veggie Pizza
Zesty Italian ChickenSee More