- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 2 hours, 10 m
- 2 bunches of fresh parsley (1 1/2 cup chopped, with stems discarded)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- I medium onion, finely chopped
- 6 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup bulghur, medium grade
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Soak bulghur in water for 1 1/2 to 2 hours in cold water until soft.
- Squeeze out excess water from bulghur using hands or paper towel.
- Combine all ingredients, except for salt, pepper, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Sprinkle olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper on top.
- Serve immediately or chill in refrigerator
NotesTabouleh is a salad it can be eaten in pita bread, scooped onto pita bread, or traditionally with a fork. In the Middle East, fresh grape leaves are used as a scoop.
You can add carrots, cucumbers, red or green onions.
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2014See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More