- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12 to 16
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tsp. Active Dry Yeast
- 2 tbl. Sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup Warm Water(110 to 115 degrees) divided
- 2 tbl. Butter or Margarine, softened
- 2 tbl. nonfat Dry Milk powder
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 lb. Lean Ground Beef
- 1/4 cup Sliced Fresh Mushrooms
- 1 can(8 oz.) Tomato Sauce
- 2 tbl. Taco Seasoning
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- 1/2 Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 cup Sliced Ripe Olive
- In a Mixing bowl, dissolve yeast, and 1 tsp. of Sugar in 1/2 cup of water; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add Butter, Milk powder, Egg, Salt and remaiIng Sugar and Water.
- Stir in enough flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a flour surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 min.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once to coat the top.
- Cover and let rise until double, about 1 hour.
- In a skillet, cook beef and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce and tacO seasoning.
- Set aside 1 tbl. of beaten egg.
- Stir remaining egg into beef mixture, cool completely.
- Punch Dough down, turn on to a lightly floured surface and roll into a 15-in. by 12-in. rectangle, place on a greased baking sheet.
- Spread filling lengthwise down center third of rectangle.
- Sprinkle with Cheese and Olives.
- On each long side, cut 1-in. wide strips about 2-1/2 in. into center.
- tarting at one end, fold, alternating strips at an angle across filling.
- Pinch ends to seal and tuck under.
- Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Brush with reserved egg,
- Bake at 350 oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
NotesI found this recipe in a Taste of Home magazine a few years ago. It takes about 2 1/2 hours to make, so plan ahead.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More