- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 pkg (1.25oz) Taco Seasoning
- 2 cans (8oz each) or 1 can (15oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (16oz) pinto beans, drained and rinsed (optional)
- 1 can (11oz) Mexican corn mixture or whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Brown meat in a large skillet over medium-high heat; drain.
- Stir in taco seasoning, beans, tomato sauce, and corn. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into a 2-quart baking dish. Top with cheese and tortilla chips. Bake until cheese is melted, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Garnish casserole with sour cream and
- sliced green onions, and serve with shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes, if desired.
- ** I leave out the corn, simply because I don't like corn, but you can pretty much do this however you'd like.
NotesThis is a great hearty meal all in one dish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Babette's Test Kitchen
Home cookingSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More