- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis originally started out as a weight watchers soup recipe but by the time it got to me it was already a chili recipe. I personally like to make Tostadas with it. I fry the corn tortillas until crisp then drain on paper toweling. Next I shred lettuce into a bowl with chopped tomato and add (this is the best part) some bottled Kraft Italian Salad Dressing and mix it all up (like you would for a salad). Now I ladle a good size spoonful of the chili onto the tortilla, add lettuce mixture and shredded Colby Jack Cheese and boy are these tasty. I love the zing that the Italian Dressing gives this one.
For the beans I use two pinto, one white and one can of black beans rinsed and drained.
This makes a lot so you can successfully freeze portions for later use on hot dogs to make “Taco Chili Cheese Dogs” later in the week. Hope you give this one a try.
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1-15 oz. tomato sauce
- 2-15 oz. stewed tomato's
- 4-16 oz. cans of beans (any kind pinto, white, black, etc.) Drain and rinse beans
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning mix (I use Lowry’s)
- 1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch mix
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 16 oz. white frozen corn ( I use a little more than half the package)
- 1/2 cup water
- Brown turkey, onions and celery together. Add Taco Seasoning and Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning packets and cumin to cooked turkey mixture. Add tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes, beans, corn and water in crock pot and simmer 4 hours on low.
- I usually make this the evening before and put it in the fridge and then in the morning before work I put it into the crock pot on low and it just simmers all day.
- I have an older crock pot so it doesn’t get too hot).