TACO FILLED PEPPERS
- 1 lb. hamburger
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup salsa or pizza sauce
- 4 medium sweet peppers (bell peppers)
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
In large skillet, brown hamburger. Drain. Stir in taco
seasoning, kidney beans, and salsa. Bring to a boil, then simmer
for 5 minutes. Cut peppers in half lengthwise. Remove stems and
seeds. Immerse peppers in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain.
Spoon about 1/2 cup meat mixture in each half. Bake at 350
degrees F. for 15-20 minutes. Top each with a dollop sour cream,
tomatoes and cheese. Serve immediately.