- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-12
- Preparation Time:
- 8 ounces dried penne
- 2 pounds uncooked ground chicken
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 1-1/4-ounce envelope taco seasoning mix
- 2 11-ounce cans whole kernel corn with sweet peppers, drained
- 2 cups sliced pitted ripe olives
- 2 cups ( 8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 4-ounce cans diced green chile peppers, drained
- 8 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- Tortilla chips (optional)
- Dairy sour cream (optional)
- Cook pasta according to directions; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet cook ground chicken and onion, half at a time, until meat is brown; drain fat.
- Return all of the chicken mixture to skillet.
- Stir in water and taco seasoning mix.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cooked pasta, corn, olives, half of the shredded cheese, salsa, and chile peppers.
- Transfer mixture to a lightly greased 3-quart rectangular casserole.
- Bake, covered, in a 350 degree F oven for 45 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Serve with lettuce, tomato wedges, and, if desired, tortilla chips and sour cream.
NotesTo Tote: Cover tightly. Transport in an insulated carrier. Transport lettuce, tomatoes, and, if desired, sour cream in an insulated cooler with ice packs. If desired, transport chips in an airtight bag or container.
For 6 Servings: Prepare using method above, except transfer mixture to a 2-quart rectangular baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Zucchini Pizza Bites
Ramen Noodle Sandwich Fit For a Hungry Person
Pancit Bihon (Stir Fried Rice Noodles)See More