- Servings: 6-12
- 8 ounces dried penne
- 2 pounds uncooked ground chicken
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 1-1/4-ounce envelope taco seasoning mix
- 2 11-ounce cans whole kernel corn with sweet peppers, drained
- 2 cups sliced pitted ripe olives
- 2 cups ( 8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 4-ounce cans diced green chile peppers, drained
- 8 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- Tortilla chips (optional)
- Dairy sour cream (optional)
Cook pasta according to directions; drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet cook ground chicken and onion, half at a time, until meat is brown; drain fat.
Return all of the chicken mixture to skillet.
Stir in water and taco seasoning mix.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
Simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cooked pasta, corn, olives, half of the shredded cheese, salsa, and chile peppers.
Transfer mixture to a lightly greased 3-quart rectangular casserole.
Bake, covered, in a 350 degree F oven for 45 minutes or until heated through.
Remove from oven; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Serve with lettuce, tomato wedges, and, if desired, tortilla chips and sour cream.
For 6 Servings: Prepare using method above, except transfer mixture to a 2-quart rectangular baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.