- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb.hamburger - browned
- 1 packet of taco seasoning or 1 tablespoon each of cumin and chile powder + a lil salt and pepper to taste
- 1 c. shredded cheese (I used a Mexican blend)
- 1 sm. can of sliced black olives
- 3 green onions (plus 1 for sprinkling), sliced thin
- 12 eggroll wrappers
- 4-5 cups vegetable or canola oil
- Brown your ground meat in a skillet and then either follow the taco seasoning packet directions, or mix in the cumin and chile powder.
- You can then add your olives and green onions, or set them aside to sprinkle on the meat in the eggroll wrapper - whichever you prefer.
- The best way to prepare these is to have all of your ingredients set out in front of you so you can assemble them easily.
- Slightly lower than the middle of the eggroll wrapper, place 2 TBS. of the ground meat, spreading it to about 1/2 inch from the sides.
- Sprinkle over the meat, some grated cheese, olives and green onions (if you haven't already mixed them in with the meat).
- Taking the bottom of the eggroll wrapper, bring it up and over the filling and then fold in each side of the wrapper. Then roll until you've reached the top of the wrapper, lightly moisten the top of the wrapper and press together so it seals.
- Set each roll aside, but keep under a damp cloth so that the wrapper doesn't dry out.
- Continue on until you've used all your fillings.
- At this point they can be frozen or kept in the fridge for a few hours or over night as long as a damp towel/cloth is kept over them.
- When ready to eat, heat oil in deep fryer or at least a 6 quart stock pot until it reaches 350º
- Gently place 2-3 taco rolls into the hot oil and fry until they turn golden brown on one side, then flip them over to fry the other side. Drain well and set on a cookie rack that's placed over a jelly roll sheet that's been lined with newspaper, brown bag paper or paper towels.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa on the side.. or guacamole!