TACO SALAD PIE
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1 Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crust (from
- 15 oz box)
- 1 Whole round tortilla chips
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 can Green Giant® spicy chili beans (15 oz)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (6 oz)
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso® Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato (1 small)
- 1 green onion, sliced (1
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Heat oven to 450°F. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the
crushed tortilla chips evenly in bottom of 9-inch
glass pie pan. Make pie crust as directed on box
for One-Crust Baked Shell in chip-lined pan.
Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup crushed tortilla chips
over crust; gently press into crust. Generously
prick crust with fork.
Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until crust is light
golden brown. Cool slightly. Carefully stand 1 row of whole tortilla chips around inside edge of
Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, cook ground
beef over medium-high heat, stirring frequently,
until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in chili beans, 1 cup of the cheese and the salsa. Cook over low heat 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beans are heated and cheese is melted.
Spoon beef mixture into cooled baked
shell. Top with lettuce, remaining 1/2 cup
cheese, the tomato, onion, sour cream and
olives. Serve immediately.