- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tsp. Mexican seasoning, divided
- 1 cup salsa, divided
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 6 cups (10 oz.) salad greens, torn
- 1-1/2 cups (6 oz.) Sargento® Pepper Jack Shredded Cheese or Pepper Jack with Habanero Peppers Shredded Cheese, divided
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 cup coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- Cook beef, onion and garlic in large skillet over medium heat 4 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, stirring occasionally; pour off drippings.
- Sprinkle 3 teaspoons seasoning over beef mixture; add 3/4 cup salsa.
- Simmer over medium-low heat 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add water, a tablespoon at a time, if mixture becomes too thick.
- Combine remaining salsa, oil and seasoning in small bowl.
- Toss salad greens with 1 cup cheese and oil mixture in large bowl.
- Arrange on four serving plates.
- Spoon beef mixture over salad; top with remaining cheese, tomato, and tortilla chips.
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Broccoli/Bacon/Onion Salad LOW CARB
High-Protein Honey Wheat Bread
Sticky Pecan & Prune Pre-Workout BarsSee More