- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tsp. Mexican seasoning, divided
- 1 cup salsa, divided
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 6 cups (10 oz.) salad greens, torn
- 1-1/2 cups (6 oz.) Sargento® Pepper Jack Shredded Cheese or Pepper Jack with Habanero Peppers Shredded Cheese, divided
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 cup coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- Cook beef, onion and garlic in large skillet over medium heat 4 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, stirring occasionally; pour off drippings.
- Sprinkle 3 teaspoons seasoning over beef mixture; add 3/4 cup salsa.
- Simmer over medium-low heat 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add water, a tablespoon at a time, if mixture becomes too thick.
- Combine remaining salsa, oil and seasoning in small bowl.
- Toss salad greens with 1 cup cheese and oil mixture in large bowl.
- Arrange on four serving plates.
- Spoon beef mixture over salad; top with remaining cheese, tomato, and tortilla chips.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More