- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 1-2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional or to taste)
- 2-4 teaspoons dried chili pepper flakes (optional or to taste)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn niblets, drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 (7 ounce) bottle spicy taco sauce (optional, I like to add it in!)
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1 cup water or tomato juice (more if needed to thin)
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch-style dry salad dressing mix
- black pepper
- seasoning salt (optional) or white salt (optional)
- 6 (6 inch) corn tortillas (cut into 1/4-inch strips, can use more)
- sour cream
- grated cheddar cheese
- In a large pot brown the beef with onions, garlic, jalapeno peppers and chili flakes (if using) until well browned (about 12-15 minutes; drain and return to pot.
- Add in all the remaining ingredients except the tortillas; mix to combine.
- Cover and simmer for about 1-1/2 hours (simmer uncovered the last 30 minutes of cooking).
- Season with black pepper and salt if desired.
- Thin out with more water or tomato juice if necessary.
- Place the tortilla strips on a greased baking sheet, sprinkle with salt if desired and bake in a 375 degree oven for about 8 minutes.
- Ladle the soup into bowl and top with sour cream, grated cheddar cheese and baked tortilla strips.
NotesThis is a very thick soup, if you want a thinner soup with more liquid add in more water or tomato juice to thin out as desired. I strongly advise to make this soup a day ahead and refrigerate to blend the flavors! You can really use any kind of beans that you desired for this recipe, or use a mixture of canned beans, or use just the kidney beans! Make certain to brown the ground beef very well it adds more flavor to the soup. Servings is only estimated.
A Falcon Feast
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
Angel Acres Soup & Chili CookbookSee More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More