- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cans kidney beans (drained)
- 1 can whole kernal corn (drained)
- 1 lg can chopped tomatoes
- 1 lg can tomatoe sauce
- 2 cups salsa (or more depending on your heat level)
- 1 pkg shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- tortillas or chips
- Brown hamburger and drain mix in water and taco seasoning and onions. Put in crockpot or large soup pot. Drain and rinse the beans and corn add to meat along with the tomatoes and salsa. Leave on low all day in crock pot. You may have to add water 1 cup at a time to thin it out for soup. If you want it quiker just put in a lg soup pot on medium heat and heat thoroughly.
- Serve with lettuce, or just cheese and a plop of sour cream on top, with chips or warm tortillas.
- You can also allow to thicken up and add cheese to make a wonderful dip.
NotesThis is a fun recipe for movie night with the kids or a warm up on a cold day. Just make up in morning and leave on low in the crock pot until you are ready to eat later.