- Cooking Time: 3-5hours
- Servings: depends
- Preparation Time: 30 min or less
- 2 lbs Hamburger
- 1 Onion Chopped (I use less than a Half)
- Brown Hamburger & Onion, Drain (I rinse my meat)
- In Crockpot
- Hamburger & Onion
- 2 Lg cans Dark Red Kidney Beans, Drained or Rinse (I rinse mine)
- 2 cans Water (I use the cans from the beans)
- 46 oz V-8 Juice
- 3/4 to 1 cup Minute Rice (DO NOT USE ANY OTHER KIND OR BRAND)
- 2 pkgs Taco Seasoning ( I love the Taco Bell pkgs)
- 2 pkgs Au Jus
- 1-1 1/2 finely chopped Green Pepper (I use less than have a pepper)
- 1 can of Corn--Drained (you don't have to drain, but I do, or you can partly drain)
- While the Hamburger & Onion are browning, cut up the green pepper, place into crockpot, add drained kiddney beans, corn, water, Au Jus, Taco seasoning, Rice. Add drained hamburger and then the V-8. Stir and set crockpot on low for 5 hours or High for 3 hours. Stir every now and then.
- Don't use A&W Dark Red Kiddney beans unless you like or love the over power of beans. & don't use any other kind of rice, only Minute Rice, I found out the hard way.
NotesI got this recipe at my baby shower in Nov 2003. My mom's friend was sweet enough to give it to me. I love this Taco Soup especially during the winter time. I have tweeked it to my liking.