- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can white northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
Mix all ingredients in a soup pot and stir well.
Bring to a boil and then turn heat to simmer and simmer with lid on for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Remove lid, stir and continue to simmer 20 minutes.
Turn heat off and let sit 30 minutes to thicken up.
Serve with tortilla chips which we broke up in the soup and top with sour cream if desired.
I made a mass quanity of the soup at school so I am guessing at the amount of ingredients to make it at home so you can adjust the amounts to your liking!