- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can white northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- Mix all ingredients in a soup pot and stir well.
- Bring to a boil and then turn heat to simmer and simmer with lid on for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Remove lid, stir and continue to simmer 20 minutes.
- Turn heat off and let sit 30 minutes to thicken up.
- Serve with tortilla chips which we broke up in the soup and top with sour cream if desired.
NotesThe head boss for Reading Schools Cafeteria's gave me this recipe to make for our lunch menu and it was delicious! I like that this soup is meatless but I bet it would be great with some ground beef seasoned with taco seasoning! We served it at school with a side of tortilla chips and sour cream! Yummy! Our principal said it was the best thing that he has eaten lately and a teacher walked by as I was putting it away at the end of the day and said, excellent and pointed at the soup!
I made a mass quanity of the soup at school so I am guessing at the amount of ingredients to make it at home so you can adjust the amounts to your liking!