- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThe head boss for Reading Schools Cafeteria's gave me this recipe to make for our lunch menu and it was delicious! I like that this soup is meatless but I bet it would be great with some ground beef seasoned with taco seasoning! We served it at school with a side of tortilla chips and sour cream! Yummy! Our principal said it was the best thing that he has eaten lately and a teacher walked by as I was putting it away at the end of the day and said, excellent and pointed at the soup!
I made a mass quanity of the soup at school so I am guessing at the amount of ingredients to make it at home so you can adjust the amounts to your liking!
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can white northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- Mix all ingredients in a soup pot and stir well.
- Bring to a boil and then turn heat to simmer and simmer with lid on for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Remove lid, stir and continue to simmer 20 minutes.
- Turn heat off and let sit 30 minutes to thicken up.
- Serve with tortilla chips which we broke up in the soup and top with sour cream if desired.