- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive or canola oil
- 3 cups reduced-sodium beef broth or vegetable broth
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups picante sauce
- 1 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream
- IN a large saucepan, sauté onion & garlic in oil until tender. Add the broth, beans, tomatoes, picante sauce, pasta, green pepper and seasonings. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- SERVE with cheese & sour cream.
- I added a pound of browned ground beef to this, sure makes a lot...but it is SOOOOO good!!
NotesI added a pound of browned ground beef to this, sure makes a lot...but it is SOOOOO good!!
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Sharing Christmas with Friends
The One Dollar CookbookSee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More