- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive or canola oil
- 3 cups reduced-sodium beef broth or vegetable broth
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups picante sauce
- 1 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream
- IN a large saucepan, sauté onion & garlic in oil until tender. Add the broth, beans, tomatoes, picante sauce, pasta, green pepper and seasonings. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- SERVE with cheese & sour cream.
- I added a pound of browned ground beef to this, sure makes a lot...but it is SOOOOO good!!
NotesI added a pound of browned ground beef to this, sure makes a lot...but it is SOOOOO good!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
MidLife Road Trip's
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More