- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive or canola oil
- 3 cups reduced-sodium beef broth or vegetable broth
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups picante sauce
- 1 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream
- IN a large saucepan, sauté onion & garlic in oil until tender. Add the broth, beans, tomatoes, picante sauce, pasta, green pepper and seasonings. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- SERVE with cheese & sour cream.
- I added a pound of browned ground beef to this, sure makes a lot...but it is SOOOOO good!!
NotesI added a pound of browned ground beef to this, sure makes a lot...but it is SOOOOO good!!
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
A Happy Life Cookbook : Recipes for a Healthy Life
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Diabetic Ramen Soup
Super Seedy FlapjackSee More