TACOS DE POLLO
Tacos de Pollo
- Cooking Time: 25min
- Servings: 10+
- Preparation Time: 10min
- diced whole, boned & skinned raw Chicken (or sub breast meat, if you prefer)
- Cooking Oil
- 5-7 whole Tomatillos, diced
- 1ea Poblano and Jalepeno pepper, diced
- 1 sm can diced green Chilis
- 1 sm Tomato, diced
- Water as needed
- generous amounts of: fresh Garlic, Cilantro, Mexican Oregano, Chili Powder, any of your favorite "TACO" seasonings (or just buy an envelope of McCormicks)
- Salt & Pepper, to your taste
- 20pk or more soft Corn Tortillas
- shredded Mexican Queso (I like Oaxacan)
- Limes, quartered
- lg bunch Cilantro, chopped
Heat oil in heavy skillet w/an available fitting LID.
Season diced meat as desired; add to skillet when oil is hot to brown.
Once beginning to brown, add tomatillos, peppers, chilis and tomato.
Add enough water to make a thin sauce to keep veggies from sticking.
Season again to taste, cover with lid and cook til veggies are soft and cooked thru, 15-20min, stirring occasionally to break up veggies.
Remove lid and cook off liquid til sauce is thick, increasing heat if need be.
To serve, heat a separate heavy skillet or griddle, preferably cast iron, on HIGH.
When hot, heat tortillas thru on each side.
Serve meat mixture in 2 stacked tortillas (they hold up better in two's), topped with lots of queso, chopped cilantro and a generous squeeze of lime.
Viva la Mexicano! Enjoy!