- Cooking Time: 25min
- Servings: 10+
- Preparation Time: 10min
- diced whole, boned & skinned raw Chicken (or sub breast meat, if you prefer)
- Cooking Oil
- 5-7 whole Tomatillos, diced
- 1ea Poblano and Jalepeno pepper, diced
- 1 sm can diced green Chilis
- 1 sm Tomato, diced
- Water as needed
- generous amounts of: fresh Garlic, Cilantro, Mexican Oregano, Chili Powder, any of your favorite "TACO" seasonings (or just buy an envelope of McCormicks)
- Salt & Pepper, to your taste
- 20pk or more soft Corn Tortillas
- shredded Mexican Queso (I like Oaxacan)
- Limes, quartered
- lg bunch Cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in heavy skillet w/an available fitting LID.
- Season diced meat as desired; add to skillet when oil is hot to brown.
- Once beginning to brown, add tomatillos, peppers, chilis and tomato.
- Add enough water to make a thin sauce to keep veggies from sticking.
- Season again to taste, cover with lid and cook til veggies are soft and cooked thru, 15-20min, stirring occasionally to break up veggies.
- Remove lid and cook off liquid til sauce is thick, increasing heat if need be.
- To serve, heat a separate heavy skillet or griddle, preferably cast iron, on HIGH.
- When hot, heat tortillas thru on each side.
- Serve meat mixture in 2 stacked tortillas (they hold up better in two's), topped with lots of queso, chopped cilantro and a generous squeeze of lime.
- Viva la Mexicano! Enjoy!
NotesI don't know if that's correct in Spanish or not, but it's CHICKEN tacos, the real-world Mexican way. I dig this little check-cashing, money-laundering taco joint in my hood called TexMex. Everything's in Spanglish, and it's the real deal. It ain't Don Pablo's, and this is how they make 'em, by my best guess after eating there for a few years now.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
GAES PTO RecipesSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More