- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 8 corn tortillas (6-inch diameter)
- 1 Fresh California Avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons 50% less fat sour cream
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 cups arugula
- 1. Rub chili powder on both sides of steak. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill covered, 11 to 15 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 13 to 16 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- 2. Grill corn tortillas 30 seconds on each side. Remove from grill; keep warm.
- 3. Place avocado, lime juice, sour cream and jalapeño pepper in bowl of food processor; pulse until smooth.
- 4. Carve steak into thin slices. Top tortillas with equal amounts steak and arugula; top with avocado cream. Pass remaining avocado cream.
- Nutrition information per serving: 341 calories; 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 6 g monounsaturated fat); 72 mg cholesterol; 123 mg sodium; 27 g carbohydrate; 6.4 g fiber; 30 g protein; 9.2 mg niacin; 0.8 mg vitamin B6; 1.5 mcg vitamin B12; 3.1 mg iron; 34.2 mcg selenium; 5.9 mg zinc; 116.4 mg choline.
- This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, and vitamin B12, zinc, iron, selenium and choline; and a good source of iron.
- © Cattlemen’s Beef Board and American National CattleWomen, Inc.
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Cook With The Twinz - Juice & Smoothies Volume OneSee More
Curried Wheat Bread
Chicken Fried Steak (TNT)
BRIE AND PROSCIUTTO FILLED CHILE RELLENOS ON A BED OF FIGS AND ARUGULASee More