- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 4 beaten eggs
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3 cups peeled, cored, and finely chopped apple
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Apple slices
- Caramel ice−cream topping
- In a medium saucepan combine sugars, milk, and molasses. Cook and stir over medium heat till sugar dissolves; remove from heat. Slowly stir 1 cup of hot milk mixture into beaten eggs, then return to hot mixture in saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat just till bubbling; do not boil. Remove from heat.
- Cool slightly. Cover and chill.
- Stir in cream, chopped apple, and vanilla. Freeze in a 4− or 5− quart ice cream freezer according to
- manufacturer's directions. Ripen 4 hours.
- Garnish with apple slices and caramel topping, if desired.
- Makes about 2 quarts (16 servings).
NotesFrom ice cream delights and way yummy
Breads and Breakfasts: Bakin' Without Eggs...or Dairy!
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More