- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 4 beaten eggs
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3 cups peeled, cored, and finely chopped apple
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Apple slices
- Caramel ice−cream topping
- In a medium saucepan combine sugars, milk, and molasses. Cook and stir over medium heat till sugar dissolves; remove from heat. Slowly stir 1 cup of hot milk mixture into beaten eggs, then return to hot mixture in saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat just till bubbling; do not boil. Remove from heat.
- Cool slightly. Cover and chill.
- Stir in cream, chopped apple, and vanilla. Freeze in a 4− or 5− quart ice cream freezer according to
- manufacturer's directions. Ripen 4 hours.
- Garnish with apple slices and caramel topping, if desired.
- Makes about 2 quarts (16 servings).
NotesFrom ice cream delights and way yummy
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More