- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 TB olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lb. plum tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 2 TB (or more) tomato puree
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 1/2 oz. dry white wine
- Handful ripe olives, pitted and quartered
- Handful of torn basil leaves
- 12 oz dried tagliatelle
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 oz parmesan cheese, freshly shaved
- Heat 3 TB olive oil in large frying pan. Add onions and garlic, saute gently until soft and slightly browned. Add tomatoes, tomato puree, wine and sugar. Cook over low heat until the mixture is quite thick and reduced. Stir in olives and basil, season TT with salt and pepper.
- Add the tagliatelle to boiling salted water- add 1 TB oil to prevent sticking. Cook until al dente or to your preferred softness.
- Drain immediately, mix in 1 TB olive oil and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve pasta on a plate and top with tomato sauce, serve large curls of parmesan on top.
NotesSimple but beautifully flavoured sauce to serve with pasta.
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Holidays = Desserts = HappinessSee More
Sweet Roll Dough
Rosemary and goat cheese crostinis
Weiner-Bean CasseroleSee More