- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 TB olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lb. plum tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 2 TB (or more) tomato puree
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 1/2 oz. dry white wine
- Handful ripe olives, pitted and quartered
- Handful of torn basil leaves
- 12 oz dried tagliatelle
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 oz parmesan cheese, freshly shaved
- Heat 3 TB olive oil in large frying pan. Add onions and garlic, saute gently until soft and slightly browned. Add tomatoes, tomato puree, wine and sugar. Cook over low heat until the mixture is quite thick and reduced. Stir in olives and basil, season TT with salt and pepper.
- Add the tagliatelle to boiling salted water- add 1 TB oil to prevent sticking. Cook until al dente or to your preferred softness.
- Drain immediately, mix in 1 TB olive oil and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve pasta on a plate and top with tomato sauce, serve large curls of parmesan on top.
NotesSimple but beautifully flavoured sauce to serve with pasta.
Forever FOMO Cures: Photo & Cookbook from your Israeli Family
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook 2014See More
Curried Wheat Bread
Chicken Fried Steak (TNT)
BRIE AND PROSCIUTTO FILLED CHILE RELLENOS ON A BED OF FIGS AND ARUGULASee More