- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 TB olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lb. plum tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 2 TB (or more) tomato puree
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 1/2 oz. dry white wine
- Handful ripe olives, pitted and quartered
- Handful of torn basil leaves
- 12 oz dried tagliatelle
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 oz parmesan cheese, freshly shaved
- Heat 3 TB olive oil in large frying pan. Add onions and garlic, saute gently until soft and slightly browned. Add tomatoes, tomato puree, wine and sugar. Cook over low heat until the mixture is quite thick and reduced. Stir in olives and basil, season TT with salt and pepper.
- Add the tagliatelle to boiling salted water- add 1 TB oil to prevent sticking. Cook until al dente or to your preferred softness.
- Drain immediately, mix in 1 TB olive oil and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve pasta on a plate and top with tomato sauce, serve large curls of parmesan on top.
NotesSimple but beautifully flavoured sauce to serve with pasta.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Julia Child's Supremes de Volaille Archiduc
Chicken MoleSee More