- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 small head of garlic, peeled and crushed
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup taheena (sesame seed paste)
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a blender, mix the garlic with the salt and taheena; then add the water, lemon juice, and hot pepper and blend further. Add more water a little at a time until sauce becomes light in color and the same consistency as mayonnaise.
- Place the sauce on a serving platter and garnish with the parsley; then sprinkle with the olive oil. Refrigerate for at least half an hour before serving.
- Variation: Add six chopped hard-boiled eggs and serve as an appetizer or a salad.
NotesSauce for Avacado Appetizer (Abakadoo ma' Taheena)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Adventures in Cooking
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More