- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 small head of garlic, peeled and crushed
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup taheena (sesame seed paste)
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a blender, mix the garlic with the salt and taheena; then add the water, lemon juice, and hot pepper and blend further. Add more water a little at a time until sauce becomes light in color and the same consistency as mayonnaise.
- Place the sauce on a serving platter and garnish with the parsley; then sprinkle with the olive oil. Refrigerate for at least half an hour before serving.
- Variation: Add six chopped hard-boiled eggs and serve as an appetizer or a salad.
NotesSauce for Avacado Appetizer (Abakadoo ma' Taheena)
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Thanksgiving With The Singing VeganSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More