- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 small head of garlic, peeled and crushed
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup taheena (sesame seed paste)
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a blender, mix the garlic with the salt and taheena; then add the water, lemon juice, and hot pepper and blend further. Add more water a little at a time until sauce becomes light in color and the same consistency as mayonnaise.
- Place the sauce on a serving platter and garnish with the parsley; then sprinkle with the olive oil. Refrigerate for at least half an hour before serving.
- Variation: Add six chopped hard-boiled eggs and serve as an appetizer or a salad.
NotesSauce for Avacado Appetizer (Abakadoo ma' Taheena)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More