- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2lbs sushi grade swordfish (or other firm mild fish. You don't want something that flakes when it's cooked)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 or 2 large ripe tomatoes (I used 5 romas), chopped
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt to taste
- Slice fish into bite sized squares. Mix in a bowl with onion, tomato and cilantro. Cover with lemon juice and coconut milk. Stir. Add salt if desired.
- Can be served immediately or refrigerated for up to four hours ahead of time (remember to restir everything if it is left sitting, the coconut milk will separate.)
NotesGrowing up in the South Pacific gave me an opportunity to taste all the wonderful creations the cultures have developed over the years. This is one of my favourites, the combination of the sweet coconut milk and the tangy lemon juice makes the fresh ingredients really sing.
Warning, this has raw fish in it.
This recipe is a variation on the wonderful ceviche style salad we used to get in the islands.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Naked Macaron
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More