- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 blocks firm tofu (about 2 pounds)
- Canolla oil for frying
- 1 cup raw, shelled peanuts
- 10 cloves garlic,minced
- 1 cup crushed peanuts or extra crunchy peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons Kecap Manis Sedang* (Indonesian medium sweet soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sambal oelek* (Indonesian ground red pepper paste)
- 1 tablespoon gula djawa or gula melaka* (palm sugar)
- 14 ounces coconut milk
- 1 medium size head of white cabbage, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1 cup beansprouts
- Wipe tofu thoroughly on paper towels.
- Cut tofu in 1/2 inch squares.
- Heat oil in wok or large frying pan and fry the tofu until golden brown on all sides.
- Drain fried tofu on paper towels.
- In the same oil fry the peanuts for 3 to 4 minutes, drain and rub off the skins.
- Set aside.
- Make the sauce by pouring all but one tablespoon of oil; fry the onion and garlic over low heat until onion is soft.
- Add crushed peanuts or peanut butter, Indonesian soy sauce, sambal oelek and palm sugar.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Add coconut milk, than the sliced cabbage.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, add tofu.
- Stir in tofu without breaking squares.
- Just before serving add beansprouts and green onion.
- Serve over warm rice.
- These products can be purchased at your local Oriental Markets, such as 99 Ranch Market or on line.
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Jack O Lantern Cupcake
Silky Chocolate Kefir Tarts
creamed carrotsSee More