- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 4-6 oz. each
- 1/4C all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4T unsalted butter, divided use
- 1T olive oil
- 6-8T chicken stock
- 2-3T rice wine vinegar
- 2-3T chutney
- 1/4t +/- curry powder
- Pull the tenderloin from each chicken breast. Flatten each breast and tenderloin to a uniform thickness between sheets of wax paper, parchment paper or in a zip lock bag. Don't go nuts with this - the objective is to pound each to a uniform thickness, not punish the chicken! Season the chicken with salt and pepper, lightly dredge in the flour, shaking off any excess, set aside.
- Combine 2T butter and the olive oil in a large regular (not non-stick) skillet over medium heat. Increase the heat to medium high. When the butter stops foaming, turns brown and just starts to smell nutty, add the chicken breasts - be careful here not to overcrowd the pan. If you're cooking for 4, saute 2 at a time. Cook, turning only once, until your get a golden brown, about 3 minutes...tenders will take less time. Remove from pan, set aside. Repeat if necessary.
- Reduce the heat to medium. To the drippings, add the chicken stock, vinegar, chutney and curry. Bring to a boil, stirring to combine. Reduce by half. This will take very little time. Tilt the skillet to collect the liquid to one side, whisk in remaining butter until sauce is smooth and glossy. Plate chicken, dress with sauce.
- Note: Don't expect leftovers.
NotesThis recipe is based on a technique lesson I had in culinary school years ago. It's flexible, easy and quick to prepare, and low fat, low carb to boot. And kids love it!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More