- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryIn the 40's & 50's in NYC, Takee-Cupees were street food. Chow mein in a noodle cupee to be specific. The twist was the serving cup.
- lo-mein or spaghetti noodles - cooked
- Canola oil
- 2 tea strainers that nest - the same size or one size apart
- To make a Cupee, start with 2 tea strainer type gadgets that nest.
- Cook lo-mein or spaghetti noodles, put cooked noodles in 1 of the strainers, about 1/2 full.
- Set the 2nd strainer on top and press down...then deep fry till crisp...drain and use as a serving bowl...you eat the bowl with the contents....a fun thing....and tasty too.
- Fill with your favorite food...and eat it all...including the cup...