- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 + 3/4 cups flour,unbleached,whole wheat,or a mixture of the two.
- 4 Tablespoons butter,divided.
- 2 Teaspoons yeast.
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda .
- 2 Teaspoons salt.
- 2 cups water.
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk (low fat).
- for Topping:
- * olive oil +zaatar.
- * sugar.
- * toasted sesame seeds.
- place all ingredients+ 2 Tablespoons butter in the bowl of mixer ,beat 10 minutes to make a soft dough.
- add the rest of butter to the dough and knead it by hand until well combined.
- Cover and let rise for 1-2 hour.
- Divide dough into 4 pieces.
- shape each piece into a ball.
- Roll each ball into a 20cm round.
- Brush the top with milk ,prick the dough all over with a fork, and sprinkle it with sugar and toasted sesame seeds or olive oil +zaatar .
- Bake at 550 for 7-9 minutes.
NotesTameiz is Traditional saudi flat bread.
For step by step recipe go to :
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More