- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 + 3/4 cups flour,unbleached,whole wheat,or a mixture of the two.
- 4 Tablespoons butter,divided.
- 2 Teaspoons yeast.
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda .
- 2 Teaspoons salt.
- 2 cups water.
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk (low fat).
- for Topping:
- * olive oil +zaatar.
- * sugar.
- * toasted sesame seeds.
- place all ingredients+ 2 Tablespoons butter in the bowl of mixer ,beat 10 minutes to make a soft dough.
- add the rest of butter to the dough and knead it by hand until well combined.
- Cover and let rise for 1-2 hour.
- Divide dough into 4 pieces.
- shape each piece into a ball.
- Roll each ball into a 20cm round.
- Brush the top with milk ,prick the dough all over with a fork, and sprinkle it with sugar and toasted sesame seeds or olive oil +zaatar .
- Bake at 550 for 7-9 minutes.
NotesTameiz is Traditional saudi flat bread.
For step by step recipe go to :
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
A Falcon Feast
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More