- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons plus 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 cups fresh tangerine juice
- Place cream in small bowl. Scrape in seeds from vanilla bean; add bean. Mix in 2 tablespoons sugar. Cover bowl and refrigerate vanilla cream for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Combine tangerine juice and 2/3 cup sugar in 8-inch square metal baking pan; whisk until sugar dissolves. Freeze 1 hour; stir well. Cover and freeze until solid, at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons vanilla cream into each of 6 bowls or Martini glasses. Using fork, scrape granita into flakes. Mound granita into glasses and serve.
- Serves 6.