TANGY BROCCOLI SLAW SALAD
- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 3
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1 (12oz) bag broccoli slaw/salad mix
- ½ cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup raisins or craisins
- 2 tablespoon balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup Lifeway Plain Kefir
- 2 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric or curry powder (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place broccoli slaw in mixing bowl.
- Add kefir and vinegar, mix well.
- Add chili pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and turmeric/curry powder and mix again.
- Add in the remaining ingredients (raisins, bacon, onion), mix and chill in fridge until ready to serve. Serves 3
- Also great to add into wraps.
NotesI love recipes with healthy substitutes. Broccoli Slaw Salad is a family tradition, but I started using kefir as a healthier substitute with a tangy kick. It’s now a kid-friendly favorite that has probiotic power as well!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Blue Cheese And Bacon Cheese Ball
matt's base red sauceSee More