- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 3
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1 (12oz) bag broccoli slaw/salad mix
- ½ cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup raisins or craisins
- 2 tablespoon balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup Lifeway Plain Kefir
- 2 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric or curry powder (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place broccoli slaw in mixing bowl.
- Add kefir and vinegar, mix well.
- Add chili pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and turmeric/curry powder and mix again.
- Add in the remaining ingredients (raisins, bacon, onion), mix and chill in fridge until ready to serve. Serves 3
- Also great to add into wraps.
NotesI love recipes with healthy substitutes. Broccoli Slaw Salad is a family tradition, but I started using kefir as a healthier substitute with a tangy kick. It’s now a kid-friendly favorite that has probiotic power as well!
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Curried Wheat Bread
Chicken Fried Steak (TNT)
BRIE AND PROSCIUTTO FILLED CHILE RELLENOS ON A BED OF FIGS AND ARUGULASee More