- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 1/2 inch thick pork chops
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped (no leaves)
- 1 large green or red pepper, sliced (my husband things that the red pepper makes the whole thing too sweet, but I prefer it to the green, so you might want to adjust based on your sweet tooth or lack thereof)
- 14 1/2 oz can of stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
- Place chops in crockpot. Sprinkle with salth and pepper.
- Add onions, celery, pepper and tomatoes
- Combine ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, Worc. sauce, lemon juice, and bouillon. Pour over vegetables.
- Cover. Cook on Low 5-6 hours
- Combine cornstarch and water til smooth. Stir into crockpot.
- Cover, cook on high 30 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
NotesThis is reminiscent of sweet and sour pork, but has its own unique flavor.
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Simple Homemade FavoritesSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More