TANGY PORK CHOPS
- 4 1/2 inch thick pork chops
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped (no leaves)
- 1 large green or red pepper, sliced (my husband things that the red pepper makes the whole thing too sweet, but I prefer it to the green, so you might want to adjust based on your sweet tooth or lack thereof)
- 14 1/2 oz can of stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
Place chops in crockpot. Sprinkle with salth and pepper.
Add onions, celery, pepper and tomatoes
Combine ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, Worc. sauce, lemon juice, and bouillon. Pour over vegetables.
Cover. Cook on Low 5-6 hours
Combine cornstarch and water til smooth. Stir into crockpot.
Cover, cook on high 30 minutes.
Serve over rice.