- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- dash pepper
- dash allspice
- 1 can (16 oz.) whole baby beets, drained, reserving 1/3 cup liquid
- 2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice
- Shred the beets in a food processor; set aside.
- Combine cornstarch, salt, orange peel, pepper and allspice in medium sauce pan. Whisk in beet liquid, vinegar and orange juice.
- Cook on medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add beets and continue cooking until beets are thoroughly heated.
NotesMy Grandy KELLY, liked his beets cooked like this. So do I.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for BreakfastSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More