- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- dash pepper
- dash allspice
- 1 can (16 oz.) whole baby beets, drained, reserving 1/3 cup liquid
- 2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice
- Shred the beets in a food processor; set aside.
- Combine cornstarch, salt, orange peel, pepper and allspice in medium sauce pan. Whisk in beet liquid, vinegar and orange juice.
- Cook on medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add beets and continue cooking until beets are thoroughly heated.
NotesMy Grandy KELLY, liked his beets cooked like this. So do I.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Social Cookbook
Watt's Cooking in PA?See More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More