- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup oil (canola oil or extral virgin olive oil)
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar (I recommend using sugar substitute, sucrolose. Another option is to use half sugar, half sugar substitute)
- 1/2 tsp grated onion (any will do, but yellow is best)
- 1/2 tsp mustard (yellow works best but dijon is fine)
- 1/2 tsp poppy seeds (just make sure you don't have any upcoming drug tests before consuming copious amounts of dressing)
- Put all ingredients in a salad dressing bottle and shake until mixed (about 30 seconds should do it). Store at room temperature or refrigerate. Best if used within a week.
- Other reasons why this dressing is good for you:
- - low sodium
- - low saturated fat (no mayo or eggs)
- - tons of flavor and a little goes a long way
NotesMy best friend Dawn made this delicious dressing for a salad at my bridal shower. I nearly fainted when I saw the amount of sugar in it so I made some changes to it to make it healthier. This light dressing will add amazing flavor to any salad. Try it with a garden salad or greens topped with chicken (or even tuna fish).