- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 12 servings
- 12 cups good crusty bread, torn into cubes
- 9 eggs
- Whole milk - 6-8 cups
- 1 Tb vanilla
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Caramel sauce:
- Caramel Sauce
- Makes about 4 cups
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Place bread in a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Crack eggs into bread.
- Add sugar, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Add enough milk to come to the top of the bread.
- Squish well and thoroughly with your hands.
- Pat down and bake at 350 for 1 hour or longer, until pudding is brown and puffy in the middle. If pudding looks brown but is not puffed, tent with aluminum foil until done.
- Remove from oven and let cool a bit before serving with caramel sauce and whipped cream.
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Add brown sugar and cream and whisk over medium heat until simmering. Remove from heat once sugar dissolves. Caramel sauce can be refrigerated, but will separate. Stir to mix before using.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
A Falcon FeastSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More