- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 25
- Poached Lobster:
- 2 3/4 lbs live lobsters (or 6 uncooked lobster tails)**
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup salted butter, cut into 1 tablespoon chunks (about 2 sticks)
- 3 garlic cloves, very finely minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- Roll Filling:
- poached lobster meat
- 1/2 celery rib, minced
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1/3 cup creme fraiche (or plain greek yogurt)
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- **If you are using lobster tails: Use sharp kitchen shears to cut shell of lobster all the way down its back. Turn over and cut bottom shell all the way down. Peel off shell and remove meat. Cut into chunks. Continue with step 3.
- **If using live whole lobster - bring a large pot of water to boil. Turn off heat and add the lobster. Cover with lid and let cook for 3 minutes. Remove all lobster meat from shell and cut into large chunks.
- In a sauce pan, bring 2 tablespoons of water to simmer over medium-low heat. Whisk in 1 piece of butter. When butter has melted, add another piece. Continue with remaining butter pieces, one at a time. Make sure the mixture does NOT come to a boil, otherwise the butter will separate. Add the tarragon and garlic.When fragrant, add the lobster pieces and cook for 5 minutes, turning the lobster pieces every minute or so. Make sure mixture does not boil. Remove lobster pieces and place in an even layer on a plate to cool.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine celery, onion, creme fraiche, 1 tbsp chives, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Stir unitl combined. Fold in lobster meat. Place in frig to slightly chill.
- Spoon 1-2 tbsp of lobster mixture over crostini slices. Top with a sprinkle of remaining chives.
NotesI've only had lobster grilled before and I've always wanted to try one of these. Found a couple different recipes online and kinda made my own based on my own likes and dislikes in flavor...turned out pretty frick'n awesome! Definitely splurge and get the whole lobster though. They tails just didn't have enough meat to make more then one sandwich :/
Breads and Breakfasts: Bakin' Without Eggs...or Dairy!
Babette's Test Kitchen
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More