- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Cups Flour, plus extra for rolling
- ¼ Cup Cornstarch
- ½ Cup Butter, cut into ¼ inch dice
- 4 Large Egg Yolks
- 3 to 4 TB Ice Water
- In food processor, combine flour, cornstarch and butter.
- Beat until crumbly.
- Add egg yolks, mixing until it start to come together.
- Add just enough water and mix until pastry completely leaves side of bowl.
- Remove from bowl and roll into 2 equal-size balls.
- Flatten slightly and wrap in plastic wrap; chill 1 hour.
- Roll out balls of dough on floured surface to fit two 9-inch tart bans with removable bottoms.
- Cut off excess and chill another ½ hour.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place tart pans on baking sheet.
- Line crusts with foil and fill with weights or beans to “bake blind”.
- Bake in preheated oven about 12 to 15 minutes or until sides and bottoms have set.
- Remove foil and weights and bake another 5 minutes to brown slightly.
- Remove and cool on rack.
- Yields 2 9-inch crusts
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Curried Wheat Bread
Chicken Fried Steak (TNT)
BRIE AND PROSCIUTTO FILLED CHILE RELLENOS ON A BED OF FIGS AND ARUGULASee More