- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter or shortening
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl, using a whisk to mix it all together.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg, milk and butter. If your ingredients are very cold, the butter will harden, so use room temp. if possible.
- Incorporate the wet ingredients into the dry just until moistened and don't over mix. Let mixture stand a few minutes, as it will thicken a bit.
- Pour into a hot, greased griddle or skillet about 1/4 cup at a time. Cook until bubbles form on top and edges begin to look dry. Turn and cook the other side until golden. I use slightly less than medium heat on my electric range. Makes about eight 5-inch pancakes.
NotesAdapted from another recipe I found on the web
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Babette's Test Kitchen
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More