- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter or shortening
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl, using a whisk to mix it all together.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg, milk and butter. If your ingredients are very cold, the butter will harden, so use room temp. if possible.
- Incorporate the wet ingredients into the dry just until moistened and don't over mix. Let mixture stand a few minutes, as it will thicken a bit.
- Pour into a hot, greased griddle or skillet about 1/4 cup at a time. Cook until bubbles form on top and edges begin to look dry. Turn and cook the other side until golden. I use slightly less than medium heat on my electric range. Makes about eight 5-inch pancakes.
NotesAdapted from another recipe I found on the web
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More