- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 c vegetable stock
- 1/4 c fresh grated ginger
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- 2 T tamari
- 2 T lite brown sugar
- 1 T Asian chili paste
- 2 14-oz cans unsweetened coconut milk
- 8 oz extra firm tofu, drained and diced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 8 oz sliced white mushrooms
- In a large saucepan, combine stock, ginger, lime juice, lime zest, lemon juice, tamari, brown sugar, and chili paste. Bring to boil and reduce heat, dissolving sugar; (2 to 3 minutes).
- Add coconut milk, tofu, mushrooms; simmer 5 minutes and serve hot.
NotesDon't be afraid of trying something Thai if you never have. And this one is vegetarian for those who shy away from that famous fish stock Thai recipes are famous for. So go ahead, be brave!
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
Skinny Mojito for Cinco de Mayo
Spicy New England Style Lobster Roll
Avocado & Swiss Sprouted Wheat PizzaSee More