Tate's Bake Shop Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup salted butter, 2 sticks
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
1 teaspoon water
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Grease or line 2-3 cookie sheets with parchment paper
3. In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt.
4. In another large bowl, cream the butter and sugars, then add the water and vanilla. Mix until just combined.
5. Add eggs to the butter mixture and mix them lightly.
6. Stir in the flour mixture. When flour is mixed in, fold in the chocolate chips.
7. Drop 2 tablespoonfuls of the cookie dough 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets. Make sure the cookie sheets are well greased. I like to use parchment paper.
8. Bake 12-17 minutes or until the edges and centers of the cookies are golden brown.
9. Remove from oven and allow to cool on wire racks.
Pairs Well With
My friend Liza Skaggs gave these cookies as Christmas presents and I loved them! So I made them and gave to my other friends. Now they ask for them.