- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Jar of Apricots Preserves or Jam
- 5 cups Flour
- 4 Eggs
- 2 1/2 TSps Baking Powder
- 2 Sticks of Butter
- 1 cup of Sugar
- Melt the butter, add the sugar. Mix well. Combine flour and baking powder together, add to the butter mixture. Stir to combine. Add the eggs one at a time mixing well.Roll into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for a couple hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator and divide into two equal parts. Using a cheese grater and grate half the dough into a cake pan 11 X 17 or larger. Now spread the apricot preserves over the bottom dough. Grate the other half over the filling. Spreading evenly.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes till golden brown. Watch carefully they will burn.
- Let cool, cut into diamond shapes and enjoy with a delicious cup of tea.
- Note: Any flavor of preserves or jam can be susbstituted.
NotesOne of my family's favorite tea biscuits.
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Recipes for VitalitySee More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More