- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Jar of Apricots Preserves or Jam
- 5 cups Flour
- 4 Eggs
- 2 1/2 TSps Baking Powder
- 2 Sticks of Butter
- 1 cup of Sugar
- Melt the butter, add the sugar. Mix well. Combine flour and baking powder together, add to the butter mixture. Stir to combine. Add the eggs one at a time mixing well.Roll into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for a couple hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator and divide into two equal parts. Using a cheese grater and grate half the dough into a cake pan 11 X 17 or larger. Now spread the apricot preserves over the bottom dough. Grate the other half over the filling. Spreading evenly.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes till golden brown. Watch carefully they will burn.
- Let cool, cut into diamond shapes and enjoy with a delicious cup of tea.
- Note: Any flavor of preserves or jam can be susbstituted.
NotesOne of my family's favorite tea biscuits.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Recipes for VitalitySee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More