Tender Potato Rolls
5c all purpose flour, divided
1/2c mashed potatoes
2 pks yeast
1 1/2 ts salt
3 tbs butter
1. combine 2c flour, mashed potatoes, sugar, yeast and salt in lg bowl.
2. in saucepan, heat 1 1/4c water and the butter til very warm (125-130).
Stir into yeast mix.
Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
3. knead on a lg floured surface till smooth and elastic (6-8 mins)
4. cover and let rest 10 mins.
5. divide dough into 16 equal pieces and form into balls.
6. grease 2 8or9" cake pans and place 8 dough balls in each pan cover and let rise in warm place til doubles (20-40 mins)
7. sprinkle 1 tb flour on rolls using a sieve
8. bake 400 for 20 mins
Cool on a rack
* if using instant potato flakes, combine 1/3c water and 2 tbs of milk in a pan. bring to a boil.
remove from heat and stir in 1/3c potato flakes.
You must SAVE this recipe
Pairs Well With