- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5c all purpose flour, divided
- 1/2c mashed potatoes
- 3tbs sugar
- 2 pks yeast
- 1 1/2 ts salt
- 3 tbs butter
- 1. combine 2c flour, mashed potatoes, sugar, yeast and salt in lg bowl.
- 2. in saucepan, heat 1 1/4c water and the butter til very warm (125-130).
- Stir into yeast mix.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- 3. knead on a lg floured surface till smooth and elastic (6-8 mins)
- 4. cover and let rest 10 mins.
- 5. divide dough into 16 equal pieces and form into balls.
- 6. grease 2 8or9" cake pans and place 8 dough balls in each pan cover and let rise in warm place til doubles (20-40 mins)
- 7. sprinkle 1 tb flour on rolls using a sieve
- 8. bake 400 for 20 mins
- Cool on a rack
- * if using instant potato flakes, combine 1/3c water and 2 tbs of milk in a pan. bring to a boil.
- remove from heat and stir in 1/3c potato flakes.
- You must SAVE this recipe
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More