- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 3 ears corn, husks and silks removed
- 4 center-cut beef tenderloin steaks, cut 2 inches thick (about 2 lb. total)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 3/4 cup half-and-half or light cream
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh tarragon
- Lightly coat corn and steaks with extra virgin olive oil.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper.
- Let steaks stand at room temperature while grilling corn.
- For charcoal grill, place corn on rack over medium-hot coals.
- Cover; grill 10 minutes or until golden, turning occasionally. (For gas grill, preheat grill to medium-high. Grill as above.)
- Set corn aside.
- With grilling tongs, carefully push coals to one side of grill and, if necessary, add more coals for medium-hot heat.
- Place steaks on rack directly over coals.
- Cover and lightly sear on both sides, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Move to unheated side of grill.
- Cover and grill 13 to 15 minutes more for medium rare (145 degrees F); remove.
- Cover with foil; set aside.
- For corn relish, in skillet over medium coals, cook bacon.
- Drain on paper towels; reserve drippings in skillet.
- Cut kernels from cob.
- Cook onion in drippings over medium coals until tender, 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add corn and half-and-half.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Add crumbled bacon and herbs; spoon over steaks.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More