- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 3 ears corn, husks and silks removed
- 4 center-cut beef tenderloin steaks, cut 2 inches thick (about 2 lb. total)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 3/4 cup half-and-half or light cream
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh tarragon
- Lightly coat corn and steaks with extra virgin olive oil.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper.
- Let steaks stand at room temperature while grilling corn.
- For charcoal grill, place corn on rack over medium-hot coals.
- Cover; grill 10 minutes or until golden, turning occasionally. (For gas grill, preheat grill to medium-high. Grill as above.)
- Set corn aside.
- With grilling tongs, carefully push coals to one side of grill and, if necessary, add more coals for medium-hot heat.
- Place steaks on rack directly over coals.
- Cover and lightly sear on both sides, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Move to unheated side of grill.
- Cover and grill 13 to 15 minutes more for medium rare (145 degrees F); remove.
- Cover with foil; set aside.
- For corn relish, in skillet over medium coals, cook bacon.
- Drain on paper towels; reserve drippings in skillet.
- Cut kernels from cob.
- Cook onion in drippings over medium coals until tender, 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add corn and half-and-half.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Add crumbled bacon and herbs; spoon over steaks.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More