- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time: 25
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- ground cayenne pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F Separate yolks from whites, shred each separately. Melt butter over low heat and gently stir in flour. Gradually blend in cream, stir constantly as it thickens. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne to taste.
- Mix egg whites with cream sauce and pour into greased 1 1/2 quart casserole. Cover with bread crumbs. Add yolks, top with another layer of crumbs.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes until bubbly.
- Can do ntirely on the stove-top. When you add the egg whites - I added a cup sharp shedded cheddar cheese, and stirred until the cheese melted, and the mixture will be thick. (don't use the bread crumbs) Serve over toasted english muffins.
NotesAn eggsellent way to use leftover hard boiled eggs. You may also use cheese cracker crumbs and grated cheese for the topping if you wish
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes for Vitality
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More