- Cooking Time: 1 to 1 1/2 hours
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 28 oz can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 2 16 oz cans red kidney beans
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup water
- Saute sausage and ground beef, onion, green pepper, and garlic in a large, heavy saucepan until browned, stirring to crumble sausage; drain excess grease.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Break tomatoes with back of wooden spoon.
- Cover and simmer 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Additional water may be added if needed.
NotesWhen I first got married and moved up north my mom gave me this recipe. I've made it many times and I love it because I can spice it up or tone it down for company.
VivaVeganGal's Family Favorites
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More