- Cooking Time: 1 to 1 1/2 hours
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 28 oz can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 2 16 oz cans red kidney beans
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup water
- Saute sausage and ground beef, onion, green pepper, and garlic in a large, heavy saucepan until browned, stirring to crumble sausage; drain excess grease.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Break tomatoes with back of wooden spoon.
- Cover and simmer 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Additional water may be added if needed.
NotesWhen I first got married and moved up north my mom gave me this recipe. I've made it many times and I love it because I can spice it up or tone it down for company.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
50 Shades of Taste
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More