- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryRecipe from Kitty (recipefreak)
I've heard about this dip for a very long time and finally made it for New Years Eve! Delicious! Nice and creamy and the taste of bacon really comes thru! It is very filling and can serve a crowd! I love serving things in a bread bowl and rye is my favorite!
There is a varation to this recipe called Mississippi Sin and it is made with ham in place of the bacon! That sounds good too!
Kitty notes that she toasts her bread pieces for dipping as it holds together better but I didn't toast mine and it still works well! I just love soft, rye bread! I also served this with Sociables Crackers along with the rye bread pieces!
- Round loaf sour dough bread (I used rye)
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups grated medium cheddar
- 1 lb. bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1/3 cup chopped onions
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- Carefully cut top of bread and hollow out. Reserve inside pieces for dipping.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sour cream and beat until creamy. Add rest of ingredients and mix well by hand.
- Pour into hollowed out bread and replace top piece of bread.
- Wrap in foil and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours, or until thoroughly heated.
- Use the reserved bread pieces, crackers, pita bread, etc. for dipping.