- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4 cups
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread pecans on a large baking sheet.
- Roast until fragrant, about 12 minutes. Watch carefully so they don’t burn.
- Combine brown sugar, salt, thyme, rosemary, pepper and cayenne in a small bowl.
- Transfer the roasted pecans to a large bowl, drizzle with oil and toss well to coat completely.
- Sprinkle with the spice mixture and toss again.
- Serve warm or let cool completely and store in an airtight container.
NotesMake plenty of these mildly sweet and salty nuts—they are great to have on hand over the holidays.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More