Tequila Lime Candied Bacon
10 Thick-Cut Hickory- or Applewood-Smoked Bacon Slices
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Tequila
1/2 TSP Cayenne Pepper
Zest of One Lime
Juice of ½ a Lime
**1 Shot Glass for Tequila Sampling While Making
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Arrange bacon in a single layer on a wire rack in an aluminum foil-lined sheet pan. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or just until bacon begins to curl at ends.
2. Meanwhile, combine brown sugar, tequila, cayenne and lime juice in a small bowl, stirring until sugar dissolves.
3. Remove bacon from oven. Brush both sides of bacon with brown sugar mixture. Bake at 375° for 35 more minutes or until bacon is crisp around edges and browned, brushing both sides of bacon with brown sugar mixture every 10 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and sprinkle hot bacon with lime zest.
5. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 30 minutes). Bacon will become crisp as it cools.
Pairs Well With
Bacon & Tequila....'Nough Said
Once Prepared, Goes great in a Bloody Mary!
Submitted by: "Michael Harris"