- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup tequila gold
- 1 c. freshly squeezed lime juice (5-6 limes - Key limes will rock this!)
- 1/2 c. freshly squeezed orange juice (2 oranges)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh jalapeno (or lesser hot) pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 whole or 6 split chicken breasts, bone out and skin on
- Combine tequila, lime juice, orange juice, chili powder, hot pepper, garlic, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl. Add chicken, refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove chicken from marinade, sprinkle well with salt and pepper, then grill them skin-side down for about 5 minutes, until nicely browned.
- Turn chicken and cook for another 10 minutes, until just cooked through. Remove to a plate. Cover tightly and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Here’s a great cream sauce to go over the chicken breasts and a side of your favorite pasta: (Also terrific over shrimp or salmon!)
- 1/2 cup lime juice (key lime here too, if you can)
- 1/2 cup tequila gold
- 1/4 cup white cooking wine
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot or cornstarch
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 diced Roma tomatoes
- 12 ounces fettuccini pasta
- Combine garlic and shallots with tequila, lime juice and cooking wine. Cook over medium heat in a skillet until reduced to about 1/4 cup. Add cream and cook until reduced by half. (Strain out garlic and shallot if desired.) Return sauce to medium heat and whisk in the butter.
- Mix arrowroot or cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water in a separate bowl until smooth, then whisk into sauce to thicken it. Taste and season to your preference.
- Cook your pasta as directed and drain. Add green onions and tomatoes to hot pasta and mix well. Serve portions onto the plate next to your tequila chicken breasts then, add a generous portion of sauce on top. Garnish with a chiffonade of parsley, basil or cilantro.
- The chicken breasts with the cream sauce go well on a split ciabatta roll for a dee-licious hot sandwich!
NotesI had occasion to spend over six hours in three different liquor stores on a business project. After looking at soooo many liquor bottles, I just HAD to cook something with a liquor kick:
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More