- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- For the cupcakes:
- 1/4 cup orange juice (fresh, if possible)
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1 cup soy milk (plain or vanilla)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp tequila
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Frosting (recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Fill a 12-cup muffin tin with liners. In a large bowl, mix together orange juice, orange zest, soy milk, oil, tequila, vanilla and sugar.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add to orange mixture and stir until just combined. Divide evenly into muffin tins.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes, until a tester comes out clean and the cakes spring back when lightly pressed. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
My Family CookbookSee More
Mushroom & Nut Pate
Chuck's Pumpkin Cup Pie: Pushing DaisiesSee More