- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time:
- 8 ounces boneless beef sirloin steak
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large shallot, cut into thin rings
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 carrots, cut into matchstick strips (1 cup)
- 1/3 cup long-grain rice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon instant beef bouillon granules
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups coarsely chopped broccoli
- 1 to 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry (optional)
- Trim fat from beef. Cut beef into bite-size strips. In a large saucepan heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef and shallot in hot oil for 2 to 3 minutes or until beef is brown. Remove beef mixture with a slotted spoon; set aside.
- In the same saucepan combine water, apple juice, carrots, uncooked rice, ginger, bouillon granules, and garlic. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 15 minutes or until the carrots are tender.
- Stir in the broccoli and beef mixture. Simmer, covered, for 3 minutes. Stir in the teriyaki sauce and, if desired, the dry sherry. Makes five 1-1/2-cup servings.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Decadent Desserts Made FromSee More
Olive's Deep Dish Strawberry Rhubarb Pie: Pushing Daisies
Sesame Snow PeasSee More