TERIYAKI CHICKEN BAKE
Teriyaki Chicken Bake
- Cooking Time:
- 1 pkg. Uncle Ben's Long Grain and Wild rice
- 16 oz. pkg. sugar snap pea stirfry (I can only find it at Walmart--It has different colors of bell pepper, broccoli, snap peas, maybe carrots and mushrooms and water chestnuts in it)
- 6 Tyson mesquite grilled chicken breasts (I got them at Sam's-Costco also has them)
- 15 1/4 oz. can pineapple rings in juice
- (save juice)
- 6 oz. unsweetened pineapple juice (plus juice from pineapples)
- 1/3 c. soy sauce (I used low sodium)
- 3/4 c. packed brown sugar
- 6 T. worcestershire sauce (could use less if desired)
- 2 T. cornstarch
- 1/2 c. butter (1 stick)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cook rice according to directions on package.
I microwaved the vegetables in microwave safe dish on high power for 6 minutes (didn't add anything).
I microwaved the chicken pieces (precooked) for 1 minute apiece on high power.
Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, pineapple juice, Worcestershire sauce, and cornstarch.
Stir with wire whisk till smooth.
Cook in saucepan over medium heat until smooth and thickened.
Combine vegetables and rice; put in bottom of greased or foil lined 9 x 13 pan. top with chicken pieces.
Top each chicken piece with one pineapple slice.
Fit remaining pineapples wherever you can fit them.
Spoon butter over pineapple slices.
Spoon teriyaki sauce over everything in the pan.
Bake for 30 minutes.
I will probably cut the amount of worcestershire sauce the next time. The sauce was tangy at first, but after it blended flavors for a couple of hours, it was wonderful.
I didn't put salt in because of the soy sauce.
I think a little ginger might be good in it as well (maybe 1/2 t. added to the teriyaki sauce ingredients)