- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pkg. Uncle Ben's Long Grain and Wild rice
- 16 oz. pkg. sugar snap pea stirfry (I can only find it at Walmart--It has different colors of bell pepper, broccoli, snap peas, maybe carrots and mushrooms and water chestnuts in it)
- 6 Tyson mesquite grilled chicken breasts (I got them at Sam's-Costco also has them)
- 15 1/4 oz. can pineapple rings in juice
- (save juice)
- 6 oz. unsweetened pineapple juice (plus juice from pineapples)
- 1/3 c. soy sauce (I used low sodium)
- 3/4 c. packed brown sugar
- 6 T. worcestershire sauce (could use less if desired)
- 2 T. cornstarch
- 1/2 c. butter (1 stick)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook rice according to directions on package.
- I microwaved the vegetables in microwave safe dish on high power for 6 minutes (didn't add anything).
- I microwaved the chicken pieces (precooked) for 1 minute apiece on high power.
- Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, pineapple juice, Worcestershire sauce, and cornstarch.
- Stir with wire whisk till smooth.
- Cook in saucepan over medium heat until smooth and thickened.
- Combine vegetables and rice; put in bottom of greased or foil lined 9 x 13 pan. top with chicken pieces.
- Top each chicken piece with one pineapple slice.
- Fit remaining pineapples wherever you can fit them.
- Melt butter.
- Spoon butter over pineapple slices.
- Spoon teriyaki sauce over everything in the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
NotesThis is one I concocted partly from an old recipe for Hawaiian chicken from TOH BB. I needed teriyaki sauce and didn't have my own so I made one up. This is one of those things that would be better made in advance and reheated the next day to give time for flavors to blend.
I will probably cut the amount of worcestershire sauce the next time. The sauce was tangy at first, but after it blended flavors for a couple of hours, it was wonderful.
I didn't put salt in because of the soy sauce.
I think a little ginger might be good in it as well (maybe 1/2 t. added to the teriyaki sauce ingredients)