- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThese are easy and delicious. Making your own teriyaki sauce is very much worth the minimal effort that it takes.
- 2 lbs skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 1 1/3 cups white rice
- ½ tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ tbsp sesame oil
- Cook the rice as instructed on the package or according to your rice cooker directions.
- As the rice is cooking, start the teriyaki sauce (instructions below) and then cut the chicken into bite sized chunks.
- When the rice is done, heat the vegetable oil and sesame oil in a 400 degree wok or in a large skillet over high heat.
- Dump in the chicken and stir constantly until the chicken is cooked through, approximately 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and pour approximately half of the teriyaki sauce into the pan.
- Stir to coat.
- Dish rice into bowls and serve the chicken over the rice.
- Add more teriyaki sauce to the top as desired.
- If desired, mushrooms or other veggies can be added to the stir fry when the chicken is about halfway done.