- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 4
- 4 each chicken legs and thighs
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (if i don't have this on hand, I just omit it)
- 1/4 cup salad oil (I usually use vegetable oil)
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 green onions (including tops) thinly sliced
Place chicken in a plastic bag.
Combine soy, honey,ginger, sherry, oil, garlic, and onions: pour over chicken.
Seal bag and refrigerate, turning occasionally, for 4 hours or until next day.
Pour off and discard marinade. Place chicken, skin side up, on a rack in a roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, in a 350' oven for 1 hour or until meat near thighbone is no longer pink when slashed.
Makes 4 servings.
Website Credit: http://peacefulcooking.blogspot.com/2010/12/teriyaki-chicken.html