- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 4 each chicken legs and thighs
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (if i don't have this on hand, I just omit it)
- 1/4 cup salad oil (I usually use vegetable oil)
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 green onions (including tops) thinly sliced
- Place chicken in a plastic bag.
- Combine soy, honey,ginger, sherry, oil, garlic, and onions: pour over chicken.
- Seal bag and refrigerate, turning occasionally, for 4 hours or until next day.
- Pour off and discard marinade. Place chicken, skin side up, on a rack in a roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, in a 350' oven for 1 hour or until meat near thighbone is no longer pink when slashed.
- Makes 4 servings.
NotesWhen I was first married (20 yrs ago) I bought Easy Basics for Good Cooking, by Sunset. This is still one of my favorite recipes from this book. Simple, and tasty. I remember when I first made this, I thought how cool it was that I was making an international dish. At the time I worked with an Asian gentleman. He informed me that in the orient, they didn't cook like this....or even like what our Oriental restaurants cooked like. It was all Americanized versions. O'well....it still tastes good to me.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Italy or Bust
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More