- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryWanted something beside salmon croquettes one night - this is what we "created"!
Note: If you don't want to use fresh salmon, substitute a 14-1/2 oz. can of salmon, drained and add 1 large egg to the pattie mixture.
- 5 sesame-seed hamburger buns
- 1 salmon fillet (1 lb.), skin removed
- 2 tbl. teriyaki sauce
- 2 medium green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 teas. grated, peeled ginger
- Coarsely grate 1 hamburger bun to make bread crumbs. Measure 1/3 cup bread crumbs and set aside. Reserve remaining crumbs to coat patties.
- Remove any bones from salmon. Finely chop salmon, place in medium-size bowl, and add teriyaki sauce, green onions, ginger, and 1/3 cup bread crumbs.
- On wax paper, shape salmon mixture into 4 3-inch round patties. Coat with reserved bread crumbs.
- In a nonstick 10-inch skillet, cook patties 10 minutes over medium heat, turning once, until golden and cooked through.
- Serve on hamburger buns